Remote Condition Monitoring System (RCMS)
Remote condition monitoring system is to transmit the status of the rolling stock to a remote location for monitoring and maintenance purpose.
Information available on TMS, is gathered from different parts of the trains and logged into a data logger onboard. Our system can retrieve these information, encrypt the contents and then transmit them wirelessly to a remote server based on a monitoring center.
The data received in monitoring location then is decrypted and sent to a database for further analysis and can be displayed in real time on clients machines.
RCMS helps to achieve the punctuality and network velocity which are considered as Targets for Rail Industries. It also saves the time and cost involved in frequent inspections as it is an automated system which uses sensors for processing the conditions. It can provide uninterrupted services as it prevents the incident to occur by following preventive approach
RCMS helps to increase the performance and availability of assets. Thus, RCMS can prove a good solution for an improved and successful rail operation. The industry needs to diverge from traditional fix on fail to more preventive and practical approaches using RCMS and it’s time for them to explore in the direction of intelligent and effective infrastructure.
Study in Scandinavian countries with similar system in place shows a significant improvement in making the system more reliable and highly available cutting as much as 35% in operating cost.
Our RCMS Development Advantages:
- Hardware are made in Switzerland based on our design and carries Railway Certification
- Local production of hardware is in our near future plan
- Locally designed and built software
- High flexibility allowing future expansion in both software and hardware side
- Wide range of reporting facility
- Data analysis and prediction engine
- Fully customizable data entry enabling component behavioral learnability.
- Messages can be sent to smart devices off site
- Hand shake alarms and failure message during communication failure or system failure on the train side.